We recently featured Berlin in our best places for Aquarians to visit. The truth is Berlin is an amazing destination for any Zodiac sign. Here are 8 (of many) reasons to visit Germany’s capitol city.
- Given the fact Germany is famous for their operas, it is no surprise Berlin is home to 3 active world renown Opera Houses. The Deutsche Oper, Komische Oper, and Staatsoper can accommodate over 4,400 opera attendees. No other city in the world can accommodate that many opera attendees.
- If you like sightseeing, Berlin has more bridges than Venice, Italy (over 1,500) and boasts more waterways (180 kilometers of them) than Amsterdam & Stockholm. The city’s most Instagrammed bridge is the Oberbaumbrücke between Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain. It is said you can spend 8 hours touring by boat within city limits and not see the same sites twice.
- If you like to avoid the crowds Berlin is nine times geographically larger than Paris (with as many green spaces) but only has one fifth the population density.
- If you’re a beer drinker you’ll love Berlin! They even have their own beer specialty; the Berliner Weiße. There are hundreds of beer bars and gardens in the city as well as a number of local breweries that do tours.
- Berlin is Germany`s greenest city with over 44% of its area made of waterways, woods, rivers & parks.
- The city has installed hundreds free public Wifi spots. The wireless networks are concentrated mostly in central districts; 650 hotspots (325 indoor and 325 outdoor access points) are installed.
- Berlin is Germany’s leader in vegetarian and vegan cuisine and is home to a huge foodie scene promoting local and sustainable ingredients, pop-up street food markets, supper clubs, as well as food festivals, such as the famous Berlin Food Week.
- In 2005, Berlin was named “City of Design” by UNESCO and is home to 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites. Other relevant numbers? 473 kilometers of subway, 200 museums, and 9 castles!
If you’re ready to go so are we; find a Travel Masters experience specialist near you!