People always want to know what’s hot in travel. From new travel gadgets and technology to exciting destinations and experiences, your Travel Masters Experience Specialist has the scoop for you. Here’s the quick low-down:
– Peer-to-Peer accommodation continues to grow and this trend is spilling over into the food sector. Sites like EatWith.com or BookaLokal.com pair visitors with home cooks. Feasting on local cuisine with a resident is the ultimate cultural experience.
– Mobile booking is on the rise. It’s predicted that 35% of online booking will be done with a mobile device by 2018. You can connect with our Experience Specialists easily using any of your devices.
– Low-cost airlines continue to be the most successful sector in air travel, and their business model is being embraced by many other airlines. We can help you with their sometimes-confusing and -complicated additional fees and add-ons.
– Cycling trips are edging out destination golf travel. Saddle up!
– Travel to South Africa is hot. The rand’s collapse offers a good value to all travellers. Japan, always an appealing destination, also offers exceptional value, as the yen has lost nearly a quarter of its value since 2012.
– Wearable technology is burgeoning. The new Apple watch and iPhone will soon enable you to unlock a hotel room without a key card at Starwood properties. And with the technology behind Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), paper passport and visas could become obsolete, making your travel less stressful. Travellers will be able to leave documents, credit cards, and other travel essentials at home.
– Customization is king. Internet-savvy travellers want more than an off-the-shelf experience for their next adventure. They’re seeking unique, out of the box solutions to their travel needs. That’s where your Travel Masters Experience Specialist comes in. We can tailor your travel to you.
Overall, tourism is booming. Over one billion people crossed borders last year. The world is truly on the move.
Contributor: David Massie